We’re so proud of all of our South Florida Teachers! We like to highlight as many as we can! Check out who we found this month!
My name is Christina Tofini and I teach Gifted Kindergarten at Del Prado Elementary in Boca Raton.
This is my 7th year teaching and I’m so blessed to have had taught such loving children!
I love my job and all the rewards it has to offer.
- How long have you been a teacher Miss Tofini?
- This is my 7th year teaching.
- Where do you teach right now and what subject?
- I teach at Del Prado Elementary and teach Gifted Kindergarten.
- What other schools and districts have you worked for?
- Hidden Oaks Elementary
- What would the students be surprised to find out about you?
- I’m getting married in November.
- How do you spend your summer breaks?
- I work at my Fiance’ surf camp, Waves Surf Academy as a lifeguard and surf instructor.
- What are your favorite books or movies? *For Students to read and for yourself
- I LOVE reading Mo Williams books and Dr. Seuss Books.
- If you won the lottery and decided to give up teaching, what would you do instead?
- Be a stay at home mom :-).
- What are some traditions you have for the First Day of School?
- Scavenger hunt around the school-showing the students where everything is in a fun way!
- What makes a ‘good day’ at school?
- Everyone getting home safely and with smiles on their faces.
- How do you show your school spirit?
- I attend as many school functions I can and very involved. I also wear school shirts on Fridays.
- What accomplishment fills you with pride so far this year?
- I am the team leader for Kindergarten.
- Do you eat in the teachers lounge or in the cafeteria with the kids?
- My classroom 🙂
- How do you keep things fresh?
- My refrigerator?
- What inspires you?
- My colleagues and family.
- How does technology make teaching more simple or difficult?
- Simple, because of the great online resources.
- Are there any embarrassing teaching moments?
- Sometimes I mix up my words when I’m sleepy, but my kiddos help me!
- What’s the best/worst thing about being a teacher?
- The pay is the worst and the best is seeing the students learn and grow!
- If you could teach another subject, what would it be and why?
- 2nd grade because they are more independent.
- How do you make connections with students?
- I get to know each and every one of my students and build a relationship them. I show them I care and love them.
- How do you remember all of your students’ names?
- Because I say their name all day long lol.
- If you could take the students on a field trip to anywhere in the world, where would you take them?
- A country in need so they could see how other children live and to feel grateful for what they have.
- What kind of student were you?
- A teachers pet!
- Were you inspired by a certain teacher to become a teacher?
- Yes, my first grade teacher!
- If you were to be given a superlative when you were in school, what would it have been?
- Teachers pet!
- How do you remember year ONE in your teaching career?
- It was one of my best years yet!
- How do you want your students will remember you and your class?
- The most fun and loving teacher :-)!
- Is there a quote or saying that you live your life by?
- Live each day like it’s your last!
*Kindergarten Team Leader.
*Five Star Coordinator for Del Prado.
*Voting SAC member.
*Literacy Committee Member
*WSI (Water Safety Instructor- coming soon)
Isn’t Miss Tofini great!? We love her! Do you know a teacher who goes above and beyond and you’d like to have them recognized?! Let us know!