This time of year we have to tip everybody a little bit better. Consider it an end of year bonus. Here’s a good guide to go by when tipping this holiday season:
- 47% plan to tip their housekeepers at an average of $50
- 41% will be tipping their babysitter or daycare provider about $50
- 41% of us will tip our children’s teachers about $25 in the form of a small gift
- 36% tip their landscaper or gardener about $30
- 27% will give their mail carrier around $20
- 19% plan to tip their trash or recycling collector about $20
It’s also consensus that we double tip our hairstylist waiter bartender etc.