A Maryland man learned the hard way that smoking and hand sanitizer don’t mix.
Fire officials say the man was using hand sanitizer while smoking a cigarette, which caused the sanitizer to ignite and set the entire car on fire. He ended up being taken to a hospital with minor burns.
Many types of hand sanitizer contain alcohol or other flammable substances and can be dangerous to use while smoking in a small, unventilated area such as a car.
What are some other common household products that can be dangerous in the wrong circumstances?