2020 has been a rollercoaster of a year for many, but that apparently didn’t stop the checks from rolling in for stars like Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift.
The two superstars are two of the musicians who made the top 25 of Forbes‘ annual list of the world’s highest-paid celebrities of 2020. The list is based on earnings from June 2019 through May of 2020.
Ariana is the highest-ranking female musician on the list, coming in at #17, with earnings of $72 million, thanks to her Sweetener World Tour.
The Jonas Brothers are the next musicians on the list, ranking #20 with earnings of $68.5 million, thanks to their reunion tour, which wrapped up in February of 2020. This is the group’s first appearance on the Forbes list in a decade.
The Chainsmokers come in at #21 with $68 million, thanks to their World War Joy arena tour, and their stake in JaJa Tequila, among other businesses.
Ed Sheeran‘s in at #23 with #64 million, thanks to the tail end of his Divide tour, which wrapped August of 2019 and was the highest-grossest concert tour of all time.
Taylor rounds out the top 25 highest-paid celebs at #25 with earnings of $63.5 million, thanks to her album Lover, which came out in August of 2019. The Forbes list cuts off at May of 2020, so it doesn’t count her earnings from folklore.
Other musicians further down the list include Marshmello, Shawn Mendes, JAY-Z, Billie Eilish and BTS.
Here are the top 25 highest-paid celebrities of 2020, according to of Forbes:
1. Kylie Jenner $590 million
2. Kanye West $170 million
3. Roger Federer $106.3 million
4. Cristiano Ronaldo $105 million
5. Lionel Messi $104 million
6. Tyler Perry $97 million
7. Neymar $95.5 million
8. Howard Stern $90 million
9. LeBron James $88.2 million
10. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson $87.5 million
11. Rush Limbaugh $85 million
12. Ellen DeGeneres $84 million
13. Bill Simmons $82.5 million
14. Elton John $81 million
15. James Patterson $80 million
16. Stephen Curry $74.5 million
17. Ariana Grande $72 million
18. Ryan Reynolds $71.5 million
19. Gordon Ramsay $70 million
20. The Jonas Brothers $68.5 million
21. The Chainsmokers $68 million
22. Dr. Phil McGraw $65.5 million
23. Ed Sheeran $64 million
24. Kevin Durant $63.9 million
25. Taylor Swift $63.5 million
By Andrea Dresdale
Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.