I guess we like shopping from our La-Z-Boy more than getting stampeded by a bunch of people looking for a $5 toaster. Because half of America now says they’ll NEVER do their holiday shopping in person again.
52% of people plan to buy all of their Christmas gifts online from now on. Here are five more quick stats . . .
1. 68% of us plan to do most or all of our holiday shopping online this year.
2. 30% would rather step on a Lego than be caught in a crowded store. 21% would rather lose their phone for a day. And 15% would rather get stuck in an elevator.
3. Porch pirates are a real concern though, with close to half of us more worried about a package being stolen than we are about catching the virus.
4. Even if stores have amazing in-store shopping “experiences,” most people said it still wouldn’t get them to shop in person this year. And 88% of parents probably won’t let their kids sit on Santa’s lap.
5. 1 in 3 people will wear a mask while ONLINE shopping this year. Which might sound dumb. But it’s because so many people shop at work, or on their phone when they’re not home.