If I could, I would sleep 18 hours a day! I LOVE SLEEP!
At Michael Jackson's wrongful death trial on Friday, a sleep specialist testified that Michael may have gone 60 days without getting any REAL sleep.
That's because he was having himself knocked out with propofol, which makes you FEEL like you've slept, but deprives your body of the normal sleep cycles, including REM sleep.
The specialist said, quote, "It would be like eating some sort of cellulose pellets instead of dinner. Your stomach would be full and you would not be hungry, but it would be zero calories and not fulfill any of your nutrition needs."
If Michael did go 60 days without REM sleep, that would be a record. The doctor noted that lab rats die after just FIVE WEEKS without it.
And he said that reports of Michael having trouble with his dance moves or remembering the words to his songs in the days leading up to his death are consistent with someone suffering "total sleep deprivation over a chronic period."
Mike and Sully beat Brad and Maddox at the box office?!
1. (NEW) "Monsters University", $82 million.
2. (NEW) "World War Z", $66 million.
3. "Man of Steel", $41.2 million. Up to $210 million in its 2nd week.
4. "This Is the End", $13 million. Up to $57.8 million in its 2nd week.
5. "Now You See Me", $7.9 million. Up to $94.5 million in its 4th week.
6. "Fast & Furious 6", $4.7 million. Up to $228 million in its 5th week.
7. "The Internship", $3.4 million. Up to $38.4 million in its 3rd week.
8. "The Purge", $3.4 million. Up to $59.4 million in its 3rd week.
9. "Star Trek Into Darkness", $3 million. Up to $217 million in its 6th week.
10. "Iron Man 3", $2.2 million. Up to $403 million in its 8th week.
Bret Michaels...almost KILLED by a DEER!
On Friday morning, Bret was hurt when his tour bus hit a herd of deer while he was on his way to a show in Biloxi, Mississippi. But fortunately, he's OK, and was able to make the gig.
He says, quote, "Except for some bumps and bruises I'm thankful there were no serious injuries. It's unfortunate for the deer, but thankfully . . . due to modern RV technology and a steel firewall . . . we are all OK."
Bret has a knack for cheating death . . . or at least serious injury. In 2005, he avoided being SHOT when his tour bus was fired at in a drive-by shooting. He was struck in the face by broken glass . . . but was otherwise fine.
In 2008, production on "Rock of Love Bus with Bret Michaels" was temporarily shut down after the driver of an equipment truck fell asleep at the wheel and collided with another car, killing the two college-age kids in the other vehicle.
In 2010, Bret was hospitalized for a serious of issues: Appendicitis . . . a stroke . . . AND a brain hemorrhage, the last of which he suffered after banging his head at the Tony Awards in 2009.
In 2011, Bret underwent surgery after doctors found a HOLE IN HIS HEART.
And on top of that, Bret collapsed onstage at Madison Square Garden from a diabetes-induced heart attack in 1987 . . . and survived a near-fatal car accident in 1994, where he broke some ribs, his nose, jaw, and fingers, and lost four teeth.
Return to: Tracy St. George Blog